Welcome to Barrington’s Sesquicentennial! The Quintessential Barrington Magazine has just released their “Special Edition” of the 1865-2015 Barrington Sesquicentennial Issue. It celebrates Barrington’s 150 year history. The cover features my pen and ink illustration of the “Barrington White House” as well as 14 other illustrations in color in the inside of the magazine.
Here are the highlights of events for the rest of the week and weekend to celebrate their Sesquicentennial :
- July 2-4th The 31st. annual Barrington 4th of July Brat Tent, three days of food, music and family entertainment.
- July 4th at 10 am. “Barrington Through the Decades, celebrating the Sesquicentennial -theme for their parade.
- July 4th at 12 Noon – Opening of the Barrington White House.
- July 5th at 12 Noon – Vintage Baseball with The Chicago Salmon celebrating their 20th anniversary.
- July 5th at 2:00 p.m. – Barrington Area Ministerial Association will be hosting Families, Fun and Faith Ice Cream Social
Click on www.barringtonswhitehouse.com for more information and www.barrington150.org for more information.
The public may purchase $10 copies of Special Sesquicentennial Edition of Quintessential Barrington Magazine either at the Barrington white House during the Sesquicentennial Events or at the Village Hall! It is a quite a special issue covering the history of Barrington – 150 years. It is a one of a kind publication with dozens of never-before see photographs and of course lots of history of this community! Hope to see you all at the Barrington White House!